httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Priya Vadlakonda (Contractor)" <Priya.Vadlako...@ucop.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IP based redirect with mod_rewrite
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 01:36:26 GMT
If I remember right, I think when I set the log for debugging

The rule does not seem to work as expected and is checking proxy ip instead of client ip

Anyway, to be sure I will set up the rule yet again and send you the log snippet.

Thanks
Priya

________________________________

From: Igor Cicimov
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wed May 05 18:27:11 2010
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] IP based redirect with mod_rewrite

I wonder why the %{REMOTE_ADDR} approach is failing? Are you getting a wrong REMOTE_ADDR or
your rule is not working? Can you please post your rewrite rule for that case and appropriate
rewrite logs with RewriteLogLevel set as high as possible for debugging?

You can also try to combine SetEnvIf and mod_rewrite for Remote_Addr parameter but if the
above try is failing this one should be failing too since practically both are checking the
same variable.

Igor

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 6:09 AM, Priya Vadlakonda (Contractor) <Priya.Vadlakonda@ucop.edu>