httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Mod_dbd using Oracle Instant Client not sending correct Connection String on Solaris ignoring most http.conf values
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 16:28:25 GMT
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Kevin Castellow
<kev.castellow@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using Apache with mod-dbd and the Oracle Instant client.  I am not
> seeing the correct connection string values sent to Oracle from Apache
> despite the values in my TNS file and httpd.conf.
>
> My HTTPD.CONF snippet looks like this:
>
> # mod_dbd configuration
> DBDriver oracle
> DBDParams "user=dcbdev2 pass=dcbdev2 dbname=test.company.net
> server=asglssora02-vip"
> The problems are there is not a SERVICE_NAME value, the user name is the
> name of the process starting Apache and not the database user.
> The only value that is correct is the host ip address but I'm not sure how
> it got that value but not the other values.
>
> How do I populate the value of the service name and user properly?

If you want to experiment, try adding "#define CAN_DO_LOGIN" to the
top of apr_dbd_oracle.c in APR-Util and rebuilding.

The user and pass are specified on an earlier DB call when that is
defined.  Also, the dbname will never be provided unless CAN_DO_LOGIN
is defined.