httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Castellow <kev.castel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Directory index w/ virtual servers
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 16:34:50 GMT
Check the mod_dir directions.  This is an option in that module.  I do not
see a mapping to the page you want displayed as the default page.  In this
example it is the index.html page.

The DirectoryIndex directive sets the list of resources to look for, when
the client requests an index of the directory by specifying a / at the end
of the directory name. Local-url is the (%-encoded) URL of a document on the
server relative to the requested directory; it is usually the name of a file
in the directory. Several URLs may be given, in which case the server will
return the first one that it finds. If none of the resources exist and the
Indexes option is set, the server will generate its own listing of the
directory.
Example

DirectoryIndex index.html

then a request for http://myserver/docs/ would return