httpd-users mailing list archives

From Baljeet Nijjhar <baljeet.nijj...@googlemail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems uploading files to Apache HTTP server using Internet Explorer 6
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 13:48:08 GMT
Hi

Experiencing a frustrating issue with functionality that seemed to work ok
earlier. I upload a file from IE6 to the server, and I frequently get 'The
page cannot be displayed' immediately appearing in the browser (no response
is received). The next time I try the same request, it ends up timing out
and then displaying an HTTP 500 response. At the moment of timeout, I can
see the request appear in the access_log/ssl_request_log on the HTTP server,
with a response code which looks like 20014 rather than 200.

At other times, the file upload may work fine. I have tried it a few times
with IE7 and there doesn't seem to be an issue. The requests are over SSL,
and I am wondering whether it is something to do with IE6 being an old
browser and not managing its connections very well? I.e. is this why we need
to configure ssl-unclean-shutdown nokeepalive for IE browsers in the
ssl.conf file?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.