httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Send email upon HTTP response 500
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 09:53:48 GMT

On 5 May 2010, at 10:09, Jarl Friis wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am looking for a module that can send me emails every time a HTTP
> 500 Response is returned to the user.

Why not hook that in to the logging?

> I have looked at mod_tee, which could probably do the job, however it
> seems very unmature. Then mod_diagnostics, but that seems mostly for
> debugging other modules.

mod_tee was written to enable HTTP responses to be duplicated in email
in a particular situation (User wants email copy of a report).  It works for
that, but would take more work and testing to realise its potential as a
more general-purpose module.  If you think it might meet your needs,
try it and see!

--
Nick Kew