httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] LockFile
Date Sun, 09 May 2010 12:25:23 GMT
Hello,

I read the following in the configuration file:

""
# ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's
# configuration, error, and log files are kept.
#
# NOTE!  If you intend to place this on an NFS (or otherwise network)
# mounted filesystem then please read the LockFile documentation (available
# at <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mpm_common.html#lockfile>);
# you will save yourself a lot of trouble.
"

I don't intend to place this on an NFS mounted directory, but under ServerRoot I have links
to other directories which are NFS mounted.
Should I also use LockFile in this case?

Thanks.

Octavian