httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Melloni <Bruno.Mell...@chickasaw.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Installation: Enabling HTTPS on 2.2.15 win32 with SSL - throws error.
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 17:45:50 GMT
I am completely new to the Apache Web Server.  I had no problems installing and running HTTP.
 The problems started when enabling HTTPS.

I could not find instructions in the documentation but I noticed that httpd.conf has two commented
sections:

LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so
Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

Where the second one points to a file generated by the install process using my installation's
values, and that contains the instructions that I found in a (clearly old) google posting.

It seemed obvious that uncommenting these two lines would enable HTTPS.  Unfortunately all
the reference to httpd-ssl.conf causes Apache Web Server to fail to start but puts no information
about the cause in the logs.  My guess is that I missed doing something.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or if the steps to enable HTTPS on 2.2.15 are
documented somewhere, please point me to that documentation?

Thanks.