httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Connections hanging...
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 16:05:34 GMT
Hi All,

When load testing against a system that uses Apache we notice an extra-ordinary issue where
we had quite a few connections. While not unexpected we were concerned. I ran a manual test
against Apache and discovered sometimes connections would last exactly 30 seconds when closing
them which turned out to be the same setting for WAIT_TIME for tcpip settings in my windows
registry. I noticed the connection issue when closing connetions for IE 7. I also did not
see the same issue with the latest version of FireFox but then I suspect it does not use
the WAIT_TIME setting to obtain faster disconnect times for tcpip sockets?

So I am not sure what the issue is if Apache is responding slowly to socket disconnects. Performance
wise when viewing pages this 30 seconds is not visible to the user but I am concerned about
socket availability.

Thanks,
-Tony