httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual host failure on SUSE
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 12:53:42 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
>> Given the number of files SUSE spread it over, that is a little difficult!
>> But I've cracked it ... NameVirtualHost directive was missing
>
> Perhaps you added it to one of the files the package manager things
> should be overlayed during an upgrade, instead of one of the files to
> be preserved/customized.

What is confusing is the way that the start process pulls all the vhost files
into one and deletes them, but does not have a 'NameVirtualHost' to go with that
:( I've run a clean install and it IS missing.
I WILL replace SUSE when I do get a chance since this really does screw up
managing each vhost. I'm just stuck with it on the hosting machines.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL