httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lester Caine <les...@lsces.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtual host failure on SUSE
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 09:17:18 GMT
Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Lester Caine<lester@lsces.co.uk>  wrote:
>> I've had this problem before and fixed it but can't remember what the fix
>> was :(
>>
>> I've got a couple of virtual sites on an SUSE server which I've just updated
>> and now what was perfectly functional is not working. fbwiki.lsces.co.uk was
>> showing it's own site, but is just displaying the base lsces.co.uk pages.
>> Everything looks fine, but if I swap the order of the two VirtualHost
>> entries, then the fbwiki one becomes active. That file has not changed, so I
>> assume something in the SUSE Apache 'crap' is rewriting something else - but
>> I can't see what.
>>
>> Any ideas where to look next? As I say it was working fine this morning :(

> Dump the configuration here

Given the number of files SUSE spread it over, that is a little difficult!
But I've cracked it ... NameVirtualHost directive was missing

I knew it was something simple, but why should an update remove it?
Still I have tidied up all the rest of the config while trying to find it :)

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL