httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Watts <m.wa...@eris.qinetiq.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting based on the Country
Date Tue, 25 May 2010 12:40:29 GMT
On Tue, 2010-05-25 at 16:40 +0530, Sakthi Esakiappan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have 2 sites domain.com & domain.co.uk which has separate data. We
> want the UK customers to land only in domain.co.uk and reset of the
> people should land in domain.com. Is there any possibility for doing
> this Apache
>
> --
> With Regards,
> Sakthi Esakiappan.M
> Server Administrator
>
> MercuryMinds Technologies Pvt Ltd
> www.mercuryminds.com "An E-Commerce mentor"
> sakthi.esakiappan@mercuryminds.com
> www.mercuryminds.com

Bear in mind that you don't get to pick which URL your customers will
use, so you may get UK customers going to .com and vice-versa.

As already mentioned, mod_geoip will allow you to redirect clients to
the 'correct' URL, although you may wish to provide a mechanism to
override that in the event that one user group really does want to go to
the 'wrong' URL.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower