httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy and header manipulation
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 16:04:43 GMT
From: "Tomer Okavi" <tomerok@gmail.com>
> Hi
> I'm using apache as front end for iis servers.
> I'm using mod_proxy and mod_proxy_balancer for the reverse proxy stuff and
> for load balancing requests beetween backend (IIS) servers.
> the front end apache is also doing ssl, backend communication is http
> (browser ----> https apache ------> http backend iis)
> i'm trying to pass some env variables like SSL_SESSION_ID to the backend
> servers via HTTP Headers.
> i tried  RequestHeader append SSL_SESSION_ID %{SSL_SESSION_ID}e with no
> luck.
> headers are set but with null values at the backend.
>
> any help or pointers will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tomer.

Hi,

If you have %{SSL_SESSION_ID}e in that line, it means that you should already have defined
the environment variable SSL_SESSION_ID. Have you defined it?

If you didn't, you could use just:

RequestHeader append SSL_SESSION_ID 1

You could create 2 virtual hosts, one that uses SSL and one that doesn't, and send this HTTP
header only in the virtualhost that uses SSL.

Octavian