httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nerius Landys <nlan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Preventing DoS attacks from single client host
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 04:45:49 GMT
On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM, Nerius Landys <nlandys@gmail.com> wrote:
>>    if (ip_count > conf->limit) {
>>        ap_log_error(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, 0, NULL, "Rejected,
>> too many connections in READ state from %s", c->remote_ip);
>>        return OK;
>>    } else {
>>        return DECLINED;
>>    }

I'd like to modify mod_antiloris to force a socket close and/or a
child process death when the condition is detected.  The plain-vanilla
mod_antoloris is not effective enough for my taste (I can still DoS a
server pretty damn well with my program).

Should I ask on the dev mailing list for them to help me with some
module APIs?  I tried to figure out how to force a connection close,
but I could not find it.