httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2::Resource
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 00:14:45 GMT
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 7:55 PM, ARTHUR GOLDBERG <artg@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> httpd processes die as expected when their VM size reaches 1000 MB.
>
> But here's the problem. After the httpd serving the Request dies, a new one
> is created to handle the same request. And so on.
> I think this is all done in Apache, as the access log doesn't show another
> request from the client. Is this correct?

That doesn't sound right at all. You'll get a replacement if your
prefork config and the load dictates one, but it doesn't pick up where
the other left off. The request is lost (since none of them ever end,
you might not see an access log entry at all.  Try it with wget)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com