httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Running script from configuration file of Apache2
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:55:01 GMT
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Petr Hracek <phracek2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I would like to ask you on the one interesting think:
> I need to proxy the requests to the specified url to a dynamically generated
> address.
> Instead of:
> <Location "/CAP/">
>     ProxyPass  http://192.0.2.25:8080/CBAdmin/
>     ProxyPassReverse    http://192.0.2.25:8080/CBAdmin/
>     ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /CBAdmin /CAP
>     Order Allow,Deny
>     Allow from all
> </Location>
> There should be something like that instead of IP address there will
> be a script like generate_forward_address
>
> I think that the mod_macro is not helpful here. I also cannot use
> RewriteRule [P] which has more possibilities because I need the
> ProxyPassReverse as well.
>
> Do you have any idea how to solve it?

That is incorrect; ProxyPassReverse does not require ProxyPass, and is
more than happy to work with RewriteRule ... [P].

You can't do it with scripts, but you should be able to do it with a
RewriteRule, and multiple ProxyPassReverse, one for each backend you
could redirect to.

Actually you could do it with a script, using a program map to
generate the rewrite. I've never used this myself, it looks like it
might impact performance a bit to me.

Cheers

Tom