httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Mearns <bmea...@ieee.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Custom ETags
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:34:58 GMT
I'd like to use stronger and correlated ETag, namely the hash of the
content being served. Obviously it's a drag to do this in-line, so I'm
planning an automated task to generate the ETag values and store them
on the server. Is there any way I can get httpd to grab these stored
values for use in the Etag header? I'm flexible on how I store them:
in a database, in one large file, each in its own file named according
to the resource, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Brian