httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RedirectMatch and ProxyPass
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:55:10 GMT
> It seems that the request goes first through mod_proxy and then only through
> mod_alias, event it the mod_alias directives (RedirectMatch) appear first
> ... is it a normal behavior ?

It's normal, and the precedence the modules are coded for.

> Is there a clean way to do what I want to do, without involving mod_rewrite
> if possible ?

Make your ProxyPassMatch more conservative with what it matches, or
use Rewrite exclusively for the proxy and redirect so you have control
on the order of evaluation (top-to-bottom in each config section when
it's all RewriteRule)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com