httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Webster <webs...@lexmark.com>
Subject [users@httpd] change 404 status for given filespec?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:02:11 GMT
Hello.

I thought this might be simple, but I've not been able to find anything
which works after much searching/experimenting.

I have an application which submits a job to my webserver, then polls
every few seconds for the output result file to be available.
I am using NeoLoad (http://www.neotys.com/) to test my server.
When the app (& NeoLoad) polls, & the file is not there (most of the
time), Apache returns a 404 .
There are many of these, so my NeoLoad results show many 'errors', & I can
hardly tell if I have an actual error.

So, I need either someone to tell me how to get NeoLoad to 'filter' 404s
for a given filespec, or how to have Apache rather return 204, or some
such, for DocumentNotFound for a given filespec.

Thanks.