httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Ji...@liz.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Wield problem with a reverse proxy server
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 21:40:36 GMT
Hi, all

I have two reverse proxy servers, one is v2.2.15 (mpm=worker) and the other is v2.2.14 (prefork).
They both run on Solaris 10.

Now I have a request to redirct traffic for an additional web site which is outsourced by
another party.

What I have done on a reverse proxy (httpd-vhosts.conf) is to append:

<VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
	ServerName	www.survey.juicycouture.com
	Redirect	/tellus	http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.10.10.10:80>
	ServerName	www.survey.juicycouture.com
	Redirect	/	http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

On the other reverse proxy server, I did the same:

<VirtualHost 20.20.20.20:80>
	ServerName	www.survey.juicycouture.com
	Redirect	/tellus	http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 20.20.20.20:80>
	ServerName	www.survey.juicycouture.com
	Redirect	/	http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus
</VirtualHost>

On the Apache 2.2.15 (ie 10.10.10.10), it works as the way I want. Apache redirect the traffic
to the site from URL that I typed in the browser (http://www.survey.juicycouture.com and http://www.survey.juicycouture.com/tellus).

On the Apache 2.2.14 (ie 20.20.20.20), it redirects the URL (http://www.survey.juicycouture.com/tellus)
correctly. When I typed http://www.survey.juicycouture.com, it shows me the local document
root directory list which has Apache's default index.html file. If I click index.html, it
says "It Works!" from Apache and it did redirect the traffic.
I have put trailing "/" after "tellus",

Redirect	/	http://survey.juicycouture.com/tellus/

But it does not work also.

What is wrong here? Thanks.

Ryan Jiang

This message (including any attachments) is intended
solely for the specific individual(s) or entity(ies) named
above, and may contain legally privileged and
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it.
Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message,
or the taking of any action based on it, by other than the
intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.