httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wang, Mary Y" <mary.y.w...@boeing.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:29:51 GMT
Hi,

I'm encountering some problems here and hope someone can help me to solve them.  I've researched
many blogs and lists and couldn't find an answer.
I have declare a virtual host for download-example2.com which has the same IP as example2.com.

(1) I also declared an Alias (see below) so that it will point to the correct directory.
But when I had this URL https://download-example2.com/example-download/devbrass2-1/excel_download_error.bmp

I received the following error:
"Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your
request.

Apache/1.3.27 ............"

It also bothered me why the error web page listed Apache/1.3.27, but I'm running on httpd
2.0.46

Alias /example-download/ /usr/www/download/

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName example2.com
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerName download-example2.com
DocumentRoot  /usr/www/
</VirtualHost>

(2) Do I need to request another SSL certificate for the virtual host download-example2.com?

Thanks in advance.

Mary