httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Foster, Stephen \(ASPIRE\)" <steve.fos...@hmrcaspire.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Timestamps of access log entries
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:25:07 GMT
Hi there,

I am having troubles with the switch over between GMT and BST with
respect to the entries going in the log files, I am using apache 2.0.55
BTW.

The timezones on our servers are set to GB and during British Wintertime
the log file entries are stamped correctly, however when moving to BST I
have to add the following to the apache startup script to get the
timestamps in BST format.

TZ=GMT0BST

export TZ

And obviously remember to take this out when returning back to GMT in
October.

For the actual logfile configuration I use the following:

Logformat "%{%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S}t %{X-Forwarded-For}i %{host}i %r %s %b
%D %q %{User-Agent}i %{IR_PORTAL_COOKIE}C %{Referer}i" ORU_extended

CustomLog "|/opt/app/apache/bin/rotatelogs
/opt/app/apache/logs/site_access_log.%Y-%m-%d 86400" ORU_extended

Is there any other way of ensuring the correct localtime gets put into
the logfile entries?? I have tried using %X in place of %H:%M:%S but
this has no effect.

Cheers

Steve

Capgemini is a trading name used by the Capgemini Group of companies which includes Capgemini
UK plc, a company registered in England and Wales (number 943935) whose registered office
is at No. 1 Forge End, Woking, Surrey, GU21 6DB.
are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate,