httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Preventing DoS attacks from single client host
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 11:40:53 GMT

On 4 Apr 2010, at 07:03, Morgan Gangwere wrote:

> On a note, someone posted about Slowloris and Apache:
> http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2009/06/21/slowloris/

FWIW, that's been overtaken by events.  I wrote mod_noloris shortly after
that blog entry.  That too has been overtaken, and nowadays I'd look at
Stefan's mod_reqtimeout, which takes a different approach.

Apart from that, maxclients 80 seems absurdly low, even with prefork.
Unless perhaps you're on hardware from before the days when
Windows 95 made 16Mb RAM an absolute minimum.

--
Nick Kew