httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to limit number of particular request in apache.
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 08:59:49 GMT

On 2 Apr 2010, at 23:48, Anuradha wrote:

> I want to limit the number of "particular" requests in apache
>
> For example
> I have httpd running on my system. My webserver provides a upload and download service.
> I want to configure appache in a way that  at the max it can serve  100 uploads and 200
downloads not more than that.

You can't.

Well, you could write a module for it.  If you can live with ballpark
numbers, I'd suggest limiting the number of threads per process
on a restricted task, rather than maintaining a global count.

Or if this is about system load, consider something like
mod_load_average.

--
Nick Kew