httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Nunnelley <ja...@jasonn.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alias, Virtual Host and 500 Internal Server Error
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 18:55:26 GMT
On 4/22/10 1:29 PM, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Apache/1.3.27 ............"

Apache doesn't typically misrepresent itself. I'd look into this first.
Trace the IPs and the domain and make absolutely sure your domain is
pointing the right server.

You can also go to the machine (host) and do something like: ps -aux |
grep apache or ps -aux | grep httpd to see what servers are running. You
may be running separate instances of Apache and one of them is in fact
Apache 1.x. This would explain both the error and the peculiar
misrepresentation about the version of Apache. I'm betting you missed an
IP directive in DNS or perhaps a config in Apache. But, I'd start with
the erroneous Apache pronouncement. Find out why that's happening first.

--

Jason A. Nunnelley
+1 2562971652

http://www.google.com/profiles/imjasonn