httpd-users mailing list archives

From "[triplepack] info (info@pack3.ch)" <i...@pack3.ch>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] virtualhost not picking up for non port 80
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:12:56 GMT
Am 12.04.2010 16:00, schrieb Michael Ni:
> I'm having difficulty on windows XP getting a virtualhost to work with
> non port 80.
> it works when i use port 80 in the virtualhost but doesn't work with
> other ports.
> i have turned off my firewall, although this is private ip, shouldn't
> matter
> i have tried ports 8080, 8888, 8000, and now with 8886.
> when it doesn't match my virtualhost, it will redirect to the main
> configuration servername automatically
> if i turn off the all other "listen" and only keep "listen 8886", i
> will just be unable to connect
> i have searched all over the internet but i can't find the solution.
>
> hope someone can help.
>
> the following is my config
>
> WINDOWS HOSTS FILE
> ------------------------------------
> 192.168.0.10 www.foobar.com <http://www.foobar.com>
>
> HTTPD.CONF
> ---------------------------------------
> Listen 8886
>
> HTTPD-VHOSTS.CONF
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.10:8886 <http://192.168.0.10:8886>
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.0.10:8886 <http://192.168.0.10:8886>>
>
> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">
>     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride none
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
>    ServerName www.foobar.com <http://www.foobar.com>
>    DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Software
> Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"
>
> </VirtualHost>

Hi Michael,

1) it would be interesting what you see in the log file

2) as soon apache is started it would be interesting if its really
listening or actually something else is listening on that port

you can check this with a simple telnet connect to your ip and port and
see if you get a connection working - where ever it would go

greetings

aaron