httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chang <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject [users@httpd] A question about 'sticky_session_force' in file "workers.properties"
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 13:54:22 GMT
I have problem by configuring parameters in file "workers.properties". For exampel the 'sticky_session_force'.
I read from a document from Apache under http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
to this parameter as follow:

[code]
Specifies whether requests with SESSION ID's for workers that are in error state should be
rejected. If sticky_session_force is set to True or 1 and the worker that matches that SESSION
ID is in error state, client will receive 500 (Server Error). If set to False or 0 failover
on another worker will be issued with loosing client session. This directive is used only
when you set sticky_session=True.
[/code]

I don't understand what here "...This directive is used only when... " means. Does this mean,
if sticky_session set to True, then I can set sticky_session_force=False, or does this mean
so long sticky_session is set to True, I can use sticky_session_force and set it to False
or True as I like?

Regards

Thomas.