httpd-users mailing list archives

From E R <pc88m...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] getting ErrorDocument to perform a 'hard' redirect
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 22:59:16 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'd like to have:

ErrorDocument 404 /some/local/url

perform a hard redirect (i.e. it actually sends a 302 back to the client.)

I don't want to specify a full url like this:

ErrorDocument 404 http://some.host:8888/some/local/url

because I don't want to have to inject the host, port and even
http/https into the Apache configuration file.

The only way I can think of doing this is through a combination of
ErrorDocument and mod_rewrite:

ErrorDocument 404 /local-redirect/some/local/url

RewriteRule /local-redirect(/.*) $1 [some flags...]

Just want to make sure I'm not overlooking something (like % macros
which expand to method, host and port of the current request).

btw - I'm using Apache 1.3.41

Thanks,
ER