httpd-users mailing list archives

From Je suis la poubelle <laps...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to block IP addresses to the whole server?
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 15:31:40 GMT
     Thanks to all for your replies.  For the record, <location> is
the best option for me.  This is the solution I use:

edit /etc/apache2/httpd.conf to add the following section:
<Location />
  Order Allow,Deny
  Deny from xx.xx.xx.xx
  Deny from xx.xx.xx.xx
  Allow from all
</Location>

     There is nevertheless one thing I would like to do, but I'm
afraid I'm too demanding :p

     Reply to forbidden IP addresses is a page full of informations:
Linux distro and version, Apache version, PHP version and all the
module versions.  Possible to prevent them from being shown?