httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eugene ADELL-EXT <eugene.adell-...@socgen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to set a connection timeout for the AJP ProxyPass ? [NC]
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:50:49 GMT
That's right. I now understand this is applicable in case of network
latency, but not when the server is reachable and doesn't want any
connection (the process is stopped, the OS returns a RST packet).
Thanks.

covener@gmail.com
09/03/10 13:51
Please respond to
users@httpd.apache.org

users@httpd.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [users@httpd] how to set a connection timeout for the AJP ProxyPass ?
[C1]

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Eugene ADELL-EXT
<eugene.adell-ext@socgen.com> wrote:

>  Hello
>
> I am trying to configure a connection timeout when using a ProxyPass
with
> AJP.
>
> This one doesn't give the expected result (I get a 503 immediately
instead
> of waiting for 60 seconds when the back-end is not available) :
>
> ProxyPass               /                      ajp://localhost:8009/
> connectiontimeout=60
>
> In the mail archives I read other people have the same problem, but no
clear
> solution is given.

If it gets "connection refused" right away, the connection timeout is
not applicable.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the
addressee(s), and may contain legally privileged information.
Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration.

Neither SOCIETE GENERALE nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the
message if altered, changed or
falsified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles
de contenir des informations couvertes
par le secret professionnel.
Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion
non autorisee est interdite.
La SOCIETE GENERALE et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message
s'il a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie.