httpd-users mailing list archives

From Edward Quick <Edward.Qu...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_proxy_balancer back end status check
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 11:12:51 GMT
Hi,

When using mod_proxy_balancer, is it possible to configure the way it checks the status of
the member servers in its cluster?
I have come across a scenario where the back end server is running, and accepts requests but
doesn't send responses. This gives the impression it is up, but in actual fact it's as good
as down. It would be good if we could set a timeout, or call a status script from mod_proxy_balancer,
but I haven't been able to find anything about this in the documentation. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Edward.

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index Ltd is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.