httpd-users mailing list archives

From Keith Theman <xray...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Slow apache proxy performance.
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 18:35:27 GMT

Oh, I should also note:

1. ) when the client submits the request, they get back an almost instant "initial" load of
the page and "some" data, but it takes 15 more seconds for the client to receive the complete
HTML data set.

2.) We have an old sun proxy server on the same network as the apache proxy server, that has
a slower processor yet, returns the HTML data result in under 5 seconds (going against the
exact same application as the apache proxy server)

Ed

From: xray316@hotmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:28:54 -0400
Subject: [users@httpd] Slow apache proxy performance.

Hello,

I am running apache 2.2.10 with mod_proxy enabled. We are config'd to run as a reverse proxy.

Client

reverse proxy

application server

database

Everything works fine, except when the application being proxied returns a large data set
(an oracle query result in an html table) back to the client. The page returns, but takes
15 seconds++. If you go directly to the backend application server application, and run the
same query function, it is returned in under 5 seconds, if not 2 seconds.

So it "seems" that the proxy is chewing up 10+ seconds. Can anyone recommend a means of troubleshooting
or isolating the problem? I did not turn caching on.

Thank You for any and all help,
Ed

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/210850553/direct/01/