httpd-users mailing list archives

From Pramod Kumar <pramod_...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple Apache 2.2.8 installation on same redhat server, Error httpd (pid 3996) already running
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 06:58:19 GMT

I think i need to change the installation dir details in the configure script for the second
configuration and pid file reference.

Regards,

PRAMOD KUMAR

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 03:26:45 -0600
From: jeffhefner@gmail.com
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Multiple Apache 2.2.8 installation on same redhat server, Error
httpd (pid 3996) already running

This is probably what you are looking for:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mpm_common.html#pidfile

Like a previous poster said both are probably pointed to the same pid file.

jeff

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Pramod Kumar <pramod_kmr@hotmail.com> wrote:

I have successfuly installed apache in different location .
When i try to start the server using the second location  '/home/local/apache2/bin/apachectl
start'   it gives the error   httpd (pid 3993) already running which is the first location
server  pid.
How to resolve this error so that i can have the servers of both the installation running.
 One server is on port 80 and the other on port 8080 and the IP is same , installation directory
different.

Regards,
PRAMOD KUMAR

All the latest on four wheels and more Get it now.

Green cities and the melting world
http://green.in.msn.com/