httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chang <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem by "NoSuchFlowException"
Date Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:35:50 GMT
Hi all,

We have 4 Jboss AS which are load-balanced via Apache Http Server with mod_jk 1.2.28.

If a request from client comes, this will be forward to one of the JBoss instance assumed
JB1. A session is built and began in JB1 with a session-id. All the requests and responses
after that will be kept in this session till the client close it.

But sometimes the connection btw. Apache and JB1 is brocken and if a request comes the Apache
send this to another JB-instance assumed JB3. Since the session-id is not began by JB3, therefore
JB3 throws an exception in the server.log "NoSuchConversationException". One can find the
session-id which began in Jb1 in Jb3 server.log.

I am not sure if our parameters in workers.properties are correct? Or should we use additionally
clustering in Jboss.

Regards

Thomas

The parameters in the workers.properties look as follow:

###################################
#  3. Define the Template
###################################
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=300
worker.template.socket_timeout=60
worker.template.socket_connect_timeout=60000
worker.template.socket_keepalive=True
worker.template.lbfactor=1
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.template.ping_timeout=10000
worker.template.ping_mode=A
worker.template.retries=2
worker.template.activation=A
worker.template.recovery_options=7

###################################
#  4.1 Set properties for worker_monther. If you have more than one worker_son, just separate
them with ','.
#      And you have to set the properties similar to 3.1.1.
###################################
#Load balancer for appl-icf.proactiv.de
worker.worker1.balance_workers=jb1,jb2,jb3,jb4
worker.worker1.sticky_session=True
worker.worker1.type=lb
worker.worker1.error_escalation_time=0

###################################
#  4.1.1 Set the properties for worker_son.
###################################
worker.jb1.reference=worker.template
worker.jb1.port=8009
worker.jb1.host=appl1-web.mycom.com

On the Jboss AS site the jvm parameter look as follow:

<Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}" protocol="AJP/1.3"
    useBodyEncodingForURI="true"
         emptySessionPath="false" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
         maxThreads="400"
         minSpareThreads="25"
         maxSpareThreads="75"
         acceptCount="100"