httpd-users mailing list archives

From Philip Wigg <p...@philipwigg.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Worker inside ProxyPass
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 13:18:02 GMT
> Thank you very much for your help. My problem is that one Tomcat runs out of resources
and then HTTPD also stop forwarding requests to other Tomcats. I'm using only ProxyPass, without
JkMount:

> ProxyPass /Context1 ajp://localhost:8008/Context1
> ProxyPass /Context2 ajp://localhost:8009/Context2
>
> This is why I would like to try to add JkMount directive, so HTTPD will use workers and
if one worker stops others will continue working. Does this make any sense? How can I do this?

It sounds like you possibly want to configure a balancer, maybe a
hot-standby. You might want to look at implementing the ProxyPass
'ping' parameter for checking for hung or busy Tomcats. Sample
balancer config, etc. is all in the docs:-

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html

-- Phil.