httpd-users mailing list archives

From Milan Tomic <tomicmi...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Worker inside ProxyPass
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:28:56 GMT
Phil,

Thank you very much for your help. My problem is that one Tomcat runs out of resources and
then HTTPD also stop forwarding requests to other Tomcats. I'm using only ProxyPass, without
JkMount:

ProxyPass /Context1 ajp://localhost:8008/Context1
ProxyPass
/Context2 ajp://localhost:8009/Context2

This is why I would like to try to add JkMount directive, so HTTPD will use workers and if
one worker stops others will continue working. Does this make any sense? How can I do this?

Kind regards,
Milan

----- Original Message ----
From: Philip Wigg <phil@philipwigg.co.uk>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Thu, March 11, 2010 1:02:49 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Worker inside ProxyPass

On 11 March 2010 11:28, Milan Tomic <tomicmilan@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have in my htpd.conf:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ProxyPass /Context1 ajp://localhost:8008/Context1
> ProxyPass /Context2 ajp://localhost:8008/Context2
> </VirtualHost>
>
> if I say:
>
> JkMount /Context1 worker1
> JkMount /Context2 worker2
>
> Is this OK? This means /Context1 will be served my worker1 and /Context2 will be served
my worker2? I can use JkMount together with ProxyPass as above?

You seem to be trying to use mod_jk and mod_proxy simultaneously to do
the same thing.

The JkMount directive  is for use with mod_jk, and the ProxyPass
configuration is for mod_proxy. Both are modules which can use the AJP
protocol to talk to a back-end application server, but you need to
choose which you're going to use.

There's lots of documentation about both options:-

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/
http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingModproxyWithJBoss

Your ProxyPass configuration by itself looks okay to me, does it not
achieve what you're looking for?

-- Phil