httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wagner Pereira <wpere...@pop-sp.rnp.br>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication method by htaccess/htpasswd
Date Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:30:08 GMT
** Thanks, Libo.

Eric (and Tom Evans),

I changed my httpd.conf. Now it is as follows:

Allow from [ip_01]/32
Allow from [ip_02]/32

Then I tried to access the Rancid, via browser, from my computer
[ip_01]. User/Pass were required. Nice!

But, when I tried to access it from the other computer [ip_02] either
user and password weren't required.

Below it is my Apache log (what is weird, because I am able to access
the Rancid via cvsweb, although this (13)Permission denied).

error.log
==============
[Wed Mar 24 12:19:15 2010] [error] [client ip_01] (13)Permission denied:
Could not open password file: /var/www/cvsweb/.htpasswd, referer:
http://ip_rancid_server/cgi-bin/cvsweb/
[Wed Mar 24 12:19:15 2010] [error] [client ip_01] (13)Permission denied:
Could not open password file: /var/www/cvsweb/.htpasswd, referer:
http://ip_rancid_server/cgi-bin/cvsweb/
[Wed Mar 24 12:19:18 2010] [error] [client ip_01] File does not exist:
/var/www/favicon.ico

--

Wagner Pereira

PoP-SP/RNP - Ponto de Presença da RNP em São Paulo
CCE/USP - Centro de Computação Eletrônica da Universidade de São Paulo
http://www.pop-sp.rnp.br
Tel. (11) 3091-8901