httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Buyens <marc.buy...@xpragma.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Locked Apache configuration file
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 16:12:19 GMT
Well, first of all, you can see it. I use EditPad to edit text files
etc. and the icon shows a little lock bottom left. When I open the file
in the editor, it warns me about the file being read-only or in use. Of
course, it might be a problem of the editor, so I opened the file in
Notepad. This works, does not give a warning, but when I ask to save the
file, it sends me in a save as dialogue. When I specify the same
filename and after confirming that I want to replace the file, the save
fails.

--
Marc Buyens
Analyst, Management Consultant&  Managing Director

Xpragma bvba
Mechelsesteenweg 254
B-2820 Bonheiden
Belgium