httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Buyens <marc.buy...@xpragma.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Locked Apache configuration file
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 12:16:31 GMT
I am migrating to a new PC that runs Windows 7 and try reinstalling the
Apache/PHP environment that I use to develop and test my website. Apache
2.2.15 no SSL. PHP 5.2.12. This same combination was used on my old XP
machine. Installation did not give any special problems. Apache has not
been configured as a service, but to start as a task when I ask.
However, when I now want to edit the configuratution file, the file is
locked. It is not read procted as such, but some process seems to use
it. I stopped more or less everyting on the machine, checked all
processes that are still running, but did not find any potential
culprit. Apart from the OS, all other installed stuff is pretty much the
same. Any suggestion?

MarcB