httpd-users mailing list archives

From Reese <howel...@inkworkswell.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_php script 'queue'
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:36:18 GMT
On 12-Mar-10 11:31, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Bruno - e-comBR <bruno@e-combr.com.br> wrote:

>> It's causing a little throuble for me. When a PHP script generates a bigger
>> report(taking about ten minutes or more), the user seems to be impatient.
>> They're doing refreshs on the page. So, for each refresh apache is queuing a
>> new script, and just begin running this when the queue is empty again.
>>
>> What do you suggest me?
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Bruno Moreira Guedes
>>

> I don't use mod_php, so don't know about its behavior. But I recommend
> you inform the users that the report can take upto ten minutes to
> generate and to be patient. That's the only solution I see.

Else, if you can make the PHP script 'smart' in some way so that a
popup or other visual indicator will give constant, visual feedback
on the progress of the request. With a "Cancel" button that functions
to kill the original request while blocking page refreshes. They can
start over from scratch if they like.

Reese