httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Sean H." <for...@dezynworks.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual hosting problem
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 15:53:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a problem with virtual hosting. This isn't the first time
I've set up a virtual host, but I've apparently wandered into unfamiliar
territory. Here are the relevant host definitions:

<VirtualHost 63.134.253.113:80>
     ServerAdmin sean@dezynworks.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/primary
     ServerName primary.com
     ServerAlias primary.com www.primary.com
     ServerAlias primary.com www.secondaryA.net
     ServerAlias primary.com secondaryB.tv
     ServerAlias primary.com www.secondaryB.tv
     ServerAlias primary.com secondaryC.net
     ServerAlias primary.com www.secondaryC.net
     ServerAlias primary.com secondaryC.com
     ServerAlias primary.com www.secondaryC.com
     ErrorLog logs/primary-error_log
     CustomLog logs/primary-access_log common
<Directory "/var/www/primary">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 63.134.254.113:80>
     ServerAdmin sean@dezynworks.com
     DocumentRoot /var/www/primary_dev
     ServerName dev.primary.com
     ErrorLog logs/primary_dev-error_log
     CustomLog logs/primary_dev-access_log common
<Directory "/var/www/primary_dev">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride All
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The primary domain works fine, including all the server aliases. What
doesn't work is dev.primary.com. It isn't accessing the directory
primary_dev. It's access the directory primary. I can't even begin to
guess why. A very similar set up was working just fine when one of the
secondary domains was the primary domain. Then my client acquired what
is now the primary domain and this is what I set up. I wish I had the
old config to look at.

What is even more bizarre is if I go to the old dev site
(dev.secondaryA.net) then I get the site as it exists in the primary_dev
directory. That sub-domain should not even exist. I removed all
references to that domain in Apache's config and the DNS files last
night. I wouldn't expect that machine to be answering to that domain
name now. (I know just enough about setting up DNS to be very
dangerous.)  Can someone offer some advice as to why this is not working?

Thanks.

-Sean