httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rafael Muneton <rafael_mune...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] I don't want Cache(Solved)
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2010 14:58:01 GMT
Thanks Nilesh:

Cntrl + R was enough, it works well now.
Thank you very much.

Rafael

When everything fails,  read the instructions!

--- On Thu, 3/4/10, Nilesh Govindarajan <lists@itech7.com> wrote:

From: Nilesh Govindarajan <lists@itech7.com>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] I don't want Cache
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2010, 9:42 PM

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Rafael Muneton <rafael_muneton@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello  all:
This is my first experience with Apache web server and it's working well, it's just that I
have changed a script and the Web server doesn't reflect the changes, even when I click the
F5 button or Refresh ; I restarted Apache and nothing happens.

I wonder what is wrong or what am I missing.
Any clue is welcome.

I am working Windos Vista Ultimate, Apache 2.2.14 , Perl, Firefox as the browser and MySQL.

Thanks, Rafael.

When everything fails,  read the instructions!

Try Ctrl+R in Firefox. F5 is soft reload which many times shows the cached version (I think
its done using Last-Modified header) whereas Ctrl+R is hard reload which will reload the page
as if you had never visited the page previously.

If that doesn't work, seems like you've enabled mod_cache*
Disable them.

If that's not enabled, its something to do with your script.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator

www.itech7.com