httpd-users mailing list archives

From Baljeet Nijjhar <baljeet.nijj...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How can I configure setting a Header in httpd.conf based on content type?
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:09:49 GMT
Hi
That works when distinguishing between html and images. However, I suspect
my problem is more subtle. If the page contains an attachment (content-type
= application/msword for example, rather than text/html) I need to set a
different cache-control header. So are FilesMatch and ExpiresByType looking
at the content-type header value and comparing, or something else?
Also, if I were to set my Header selectively in my application code for some
cases, can I set my gloabl type settings in httpd.conf to only set the
Header if it is not already present? That would help ..
thanks, Baljeet.