httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Worker inside ProxyPass
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:30:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Milan Tomic <tomicmilan@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> You can't tell Apache to use one type of reverse proxy until it stops
>> working then switch to another type.
>
> I wasn't trying this. My problem is: I have HTTPD as front end and 2 Tomcats running
different apps behind HTTPD. When one Tomcat runs out of memory, HTTPD stops working and doens't
forward requests to the other Tomcat. How can I prevent this? If one Tomcat fails, HTTPD should
continue forwarding requests to the other Tomcat...

Stops working? You'll need to elaborate.  If one backend hangs you
might hit MaxClients, but otherwise the two backends don't have
anything to do with eachother.

Try posting logs, netstat, server-status, etc to illustrate the current problem.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com