httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd children receiving SIGHUP
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:26:56 GMT
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Brandon Metcalf
<brandon.metcalf@rackspace.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to understand the circumstances under which the httpd parent will SIGHUP
its children.

SIGHUP should just be sent on non-graceful restart

what is the httpd version and platform?  what is the evidence of
SIGHUP vs. some other signal?

> MaxRequestsPerChild is set to zero

SIGHUP is not used for that anyway

> and we are still seeing the child processes receive a SIGHUP after a certain amount of
time or requests. > Looking at the server status, thread resources are not being exhausted.

> Is there some other limit if reached would cause the parent to SIGHUP a child?

no