httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to force CRLF on non .txt files when directory browsing?
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:57:43 GMT
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Jonathon Veencamp <jdveencamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's a poor editting thing.  I think this is the difference
> between Unix and Windows and CR/LF on Windows versus LF on Linux.  The HTTP
> server is adding CR/LF to .txt files to display them correctly in the
> browser.

no, Apache doesn't do that

>                  But I can't get it to display .log files in the same manner.

I dunno if because of some misunderstood config the "text/plain" isn't
getting to the browser, or if the browser thinks its smarter than the
server.

Try this:

create a very small .log file

replace /example/small.log with the real request URI; if you're using
name-based vhosts, replace 127.0.0.1 with your hostname

C:\> telnet 127.0.0.1 80
GET /example/small.log HTTP/1.1<enter>
Host: 127.0.0.1<enter>
<enter>

See what is displayed for "Content-Type:" just prior to the contents
of the log file.