httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Jacques <devexplo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] How do I pick up correct version of SSL
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:24:39 GMT

Sorry for the confusion Igor and thanks to both of u.

Using configure, I set the path to openssl 0.9.8k that I built in a separate directory before
rebuild of apaci
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-modules=most --enable-mods-shared=all --disable-authz-default
--disable-dav --enable-proxy --enable-ssl --with-ssl=${BUILDIR}/../openssl-0.9.8k --with-mpm=worker
--enable-so --enable-rewrite --enable-log-config --with-included-apr

However, checking the maps file, it uses /lib/libssl.so.0.9.6b.

In the other hand, it seems that shared lib of of 0.9.8k is not generated as part of openssl
built. Moreover, due to redhat limitation the version installed by the OS can not be overwritten.

Do I have to set an option to set another path for installation of openssl not to overwrite
the OS version?
How can I get the .so file as output of the openssl build?

Once done, I suppose that I should add the path of the newly build openssl so file in LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Now, I understand the "Enjoy" of Sander... ;-)

To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:23:54 +0000
From: daniel.goulder@and.co.uk
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] How do I pick up correct version of SSL

Hi Paul

Sorry it's the other way round.  The ldd command tells you which
libraries that the linker will call at runtime when the binary is
executed.

Igor was correct

If you want to specify the library you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include the library you are after before execution

To check what libraries will be linked, use ldd as Igor has
specified.

To check what libraries have been linked by a running PID, take a
look at /proc/<pid>/maps

Danny