httpd-users mailing list archives

From Harald Falkenberg <harald.falkenb...@desy.de>
Subject [users@httpd] observed delay for changing process owner
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 15:43:15 GMT
Hello,

I use apache 1.3.41 on a solaris sparc system.

Since quite a while I was wondering, why the httpd processes startup very
quickly, but do not serve any request for 60 until 90 seconds.

Now I observed, that it takes a long time to change the onwership of the
processes, which I set via the 'user' and 'grou' derictives in httpd.conf.
After the ownership changed, the processes serve immediately the requests.

Did anybody observe something simular and has an idea what might cause
this long delay in changing the ownership? Is it possible to to debug the
startup phase of the apache, to see were the processes spend their time?

Many thanks in advance
 	Harald