httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ruiyuan Jiang <Ruiyuan_Ji...@liz.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Bugs or problem?
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 21:45:53 GMT
Well, I posted the problem two weeks ago and nobody responded. I will do it again.

1. First problem was with Apache 2.2.8 which it is fixed in 2.2.14. When I used HP precompiled
Apache 2.2.8 (HPUX 11.23), the web sites are migrated from HPUX 11.11, Apache 2.0.59 to HPUX
11.23, Apache 2.2.8. The web sites are configured with Apache virtual hosts which redirects
to Tomcat 5.5 AJP which installed on the same host. For the Apache virtual hosts, it also
has static web pages for a web site. When the problem happened, Apache did not re-direct to
Tomcat AJP so the web site couldn't be accessed. Meanwhile the static web pages could be accessed
by that web site. We restarted Tomcat but no help until Apache was restarted. Once I down
graded to HPUX 11.23, Apache 2.0.59 the problem went away. I called HP support but no help.
2. The problem that I have now is:

Solaris 10, Apache 2.2.14 reverse proxy --> HPUX 11.23, Apache 2.0.59, Tomcat 5.5 AJP -->
Oracle DB

The web sites are having user login page. Once the users enter their user names and passwords,
the page does not refresh itself to tell the users that they have logged in. Rather the web
page still shows login page until the users click F5 to refresh the web page and then the
web page shows the users are logged in. The same happened when the users logged out.

Now I tested with this setup:

Solaris 10, Apache 2.0.59 reverse proxy --> HPUX 11.23, Apache 2.0.59, Tomcat 5.5 AJP -->
Oracle DB

The problem went away.

Note those Apache are pre-compiled either by HP or internet, I did not compile myself although
I can. At the time the latest version compiled by HP was Apache 2.2.8.

Ryan