httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Reinhardt" <crypto...@cryptodan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] can't start apache
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:58:17 GMT

From: "Matthew Smith" <chedderslam@gmail.com>
Sent: 15 February, 2010 18:42
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] can't start apache

> Ok, I figured it out.  I was using a mapped drive for the document root.
> Maybe it is a permission issue?  I have given full control to everyone, so
> I'm not sure what it is.
>
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Matthew Smith <chedderslam@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I hadn't set up the static lease on my router when I installed apache.  110
>> was the original ip.  I have since set up the server to use 192.168.1.2.  I
>> am connecting to it through remote desktop at .2 right now.  Do I need to
>> change anywhere else because of the new ip?
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Jeff Trawick <trawick@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Are you sure?  Do you have multiple interfaces and/or IPs?
>>>
>>> Apache retrieved 192.168.1.110 as the primary address:
>>>
>>> "httpd.exe: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified
>>> domain name, using 192.168.1.110 for ServerName"

Matt,

The process creates a PID on the main drive, using a shared drive wouldn't
prevent httpd from listening on port 80.  You need an account with
administrative privileges to Run Apache.  I am guessing your account doesn't
have admin rights.  Can you provide us with what version of Windows you are
running?

Thanks,
Daniel