httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Bugs or problem?
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:48:37 GMT

On Feb 25, 2010, at 10:30 AM, Ruiyuan Jiang wrote:

> Hi, Rich
>
> Yes the login page for the user authentication comes from Tomcat server. The traffic
between Solaris Apache and HPUX Apache server are strictly 'http', HPUX Apache redirect traffic
to AJP port of Tomcat through mod_jk. In my Apache 2.2.14 test, except downgraded Apache from
v2.2.14 to 2.0.15 on Solaris and its related configuration changes in httpd.conf, there is
no other changes made. That is why I think there is a problem in Apache v2.2.14.

> I should make it clear. In my previous HPUX Apache v2.2.8 problem, the Apache on HPUX
had two separate virtual servers. At the time, one virtual web server had strictly static
html web pages and served by Apache directly. The other virtual web server uses mod_jk for
the communication between Apache and Tomcat. When the problem happened, clients could access
web server with static web pages no problem. Clients could not access the web server with
Apache and Tomcat. Restart Tomcat did not help. Restart Apache helped. It could last for several
days no problem. After that, the problem happened again and needed to restart Apache again.
Once I downgraded Apache from v2.2.8 to v2.0.59 without other changes, the problem is gone.

Ruiyuan,

I'm sorry to have wasted your time assuming that this was a problem that could be easily resolved.
It seems like maybe this is a difference in how mod_proxy handles stuff - I assume you're
using ProxyPass and mod_proxy_http.

I would suggest that you post your situation on https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/ , with
as much detail as possible, including your ProxyPass configuration.

--Rich